The first Women’s Health Professional Care event successfully took place last month, welcoming over 1500 healthcare professionals
Women make up at least 50% of the UK population but it has taken a global pandemic to make people sit up and take notice of the serious healthcare inequalities which are entrenched in our healthcare system and affect girls and women throughout their lives.
The Women’s Health Professional Care virtual event was launched as a free to attend, fully CPD accredited conference for healthcare professionals working across primary and secondary care, serious about reducing inequalities in healthcare services and treatment for women.
The conference programme covered a range of topics, from menopause, PCOS, fertility issues, endometriosis, contraception, cervical cancer, menstruation, and more. There were 16 expert led presentations and three sponsors.
Session highlights included:
- Combined and progestogen-only pills: optimum regimens lack contraceptive-free intervals, presented by John Guillebaud, Professor (now emeritus) in Family Planning and Reproductive Health, UCL
- Endometriosis: raising standards for the diagnosis and treatment of women, presented by Emma Cox, Chief Executive Officer, Endometriosis UK
- Is HRT the only truly holistic therapy for menopause? Presented by Jennifer Young, Owner and founder of TheMenopausePlus.com
- The Menopause: removing the taboo and stigma to enable individuals to get the support they need, presented by Nicola Green, Workplace Menopause Consultant, Nicola Green Consultancy
- Promoting health outcomes for women with PCOS, presented by Judith Ibison, Professor of Practice in Primary Care, St George's University of London
- Why LARC? Presented by Anne Connolly, GP, Bradford; GPwER in Gynaecology; Chair of the Primary Care Women’s Health Forum
- Treatment of vulvovaginal dryness: The benefits of an OTC hormone-free cream vs. an oestrogen-containing cream, presented by Dawn Harper, GP, NHS
The feedback received so far has been extremely positive. Below are just some of the testimonials from delegates about their Women’s Health Professional Care experience:
"The whole agenda and all speakers at the Womens Health Professional Care 2022 conference were excellent. All sessions were informative and the discussions through the virtual platform were lovely and interactive. Accessibility due to virtual access was excellent. The sessions on HRT, menopause and endometriosis were particularly insightful and valuable and presented us with up to date evidence based NICE guidelines and medical practice refresher. Thank you for an educational and thought-provoking event. I will certainly be taking home vignettes to share locally and influence practice accordingly. Thank you to the organisers for an excellent programme overall.” Uma Krishnamoorthy, Consultant Gynaecologist, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust.
“Flexible high-quality learning to suit me” Allison McCartney, GP, Kenmure Medical Practice.
“Thought provoking and great chance to celebrate all things female” Alexandra Fulton, GP Partner, The Weaver Vale Surgery.
“Very informative and interactive. I loved that the host was also throwing questions to the speaker, catching them from the chatbox from different participants. Speakers are well knowledgeable of their field.” Kristine Angela Rosales, ICU Nurse, GSTT NHS Trust
Most Women’s Health Professional Care sessions will be available to rewatch on the event platform until the end of the year for all registered attendees.
The event will return in person at the NEC Birmingham on 11-12 October 2023. There is a waiting list that delegates can join to be the first to hear when registration goes live at: https://www.womenshealthprofessionalcare.co.uk/RYI
CloserStill Media, specialise in global professional events within the healthcare and technology markets. The healthcare portfolio includes some of the UK’s fastest growing and award-winning events, such as Best Practice, The Clinical Pharmacy Congress, The Dentistry Show, The Care Show and Acute & General Medicine.
It is a market leading innovator. With its teams and international events, it has won multiple awards, including Best Marketer – five times in succession – Best Trade Exhibition, Best Launch Exhibition, and Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For – four years in series – among others.
CloserStill Media delivers unparalleled quality and relevant audiences for all its exhibitions, delivering NHS and private sector healthcare professionals from across occupational therapy, pharmacy, dentistry, primary and secondary care with more than £16m worth of free training.
For more information please contact: